Thursday, February 21, 2013

Transitions

It is cliche and tacky, but here it is. Change is inevitable. Some changes are good, and others are hard to swallow, but the end results in growth and knowledge.

Since January, I have personally been in a transitional place in my life. For a while, I tried to fight some of it, make due with where I was, but in the end I was not happy; I was stagnant, bored, and feeling unchallenged. 

Now that a weight has been lifted, released, my feelings towards multiple aspects of my life were truly exposed. I have never felt so bare and willing to show myself in all of my glory. 

So, I went out and adopted a dog. This was the first step in my overall transition. That, and I saw the most adorable face that accompanied a sad story of abandonment in the Florida Everglades. My heart melted from the instant I saw his photo; he had to be my little man, and now he is. 

I also decided that it is long passed time for me to leave South Florida. Over the last few years, I have appreciated the life that I have led, the friends I have made, and all the other sappy shit that you really don't want to read about. But, my life does not feel rooted here. 

Therefore, with Flash in my arms, I am finally ready to take on the world; yes, the whole damned world. See what there is out there; outside of the safe haven of South Florida and my friends and family. To do something for myself. To get back to baking and writing so I can share my love of food and talking about food and talking about life and sharing my crazy misadventures. 


2013 is the year of transition, and what a beautiful transition it will be. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awh--Alex, I wish you all the best. I hope that you discover an amazing life filled with new experiences, joys, and passions. You are a great writer and baker and I am looking forward to reading more blog posts as you dive into your future. Keep us updated, please! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I will keep posting so long as I know that people are reading. Cheers to the next big venture beneath the skies!

      Delete