Tuesday, May 17, 2011

recessive mutant banana bread!!

I guess I should explain briefly the recessive mutant thing. I have blonde hair and green eyes; both are recessive genes as well as mutations. When people began to migrate North, there was no need for dark hair, skin, and eyes to protect themselves from the sun and the genes for fair skin, light hair and eyes was adapted. History/geneology lesson for you folks!

As far as the banana bread goes, I made a pretty good one, see!


So I figured I would share the recipe love:
1 3/4 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter; softened
2 eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or to taste)
1 cup or 2 1/2 mashed ripe banana
chopped almonds/ chocolate chips for topping

preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 5x9 loaf pan

sift together flouf, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar (this seemed strange to me so I believe next time I am going to cream the sugar with the butter first and sift together the rest)
add eggs, butter, and vanilla bean paste 1 teaspoon at a time (the batter will not soften until you add the banana )
add banana and blend well. Put batter into greased pan and top to liking with almonds and chocolate chips
here it gets a bit tricky, bake for 50 minutes, increase temp to 375 and bake for another 7 to 10 minutes checking on it occasionally after the 5minute mark. The bread will not be moist if you let it cook to long (duh).

Due to lack of time for reading the last week, I am still reading The Hobbit, but I like it thus far; Bilbo just gained possession of the infamous ring! Enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment