Sunday, October 30, 2011

Of course, a Halloween post!!

I love Halloween. It is strange that Halloween is my favorite holiday seeing as I hate most things scary; horror films, haunted houses, clowns, and I never take the opportunity to dress slutty (not do I really look down on it; get it girl. I just don't have the balls.). But I love the mythology behind All Hallows Eve. Plus dressing up is fun! So this year, unfortunately, the rain will not be letting up here in Sunny South Florida until the actual Halloween, so Halloween weekend will be kind of a wet mess, but that will NOT stop the party. AND my costume is wicked.

I love DIY/ Thift Store costumes; one year I was a nerdy girl (I know it is not really fair to dress up as yourself on halloween, but the costume was super cute), a semi pin-up girl, Rosie the Riveter, etc. So this year my DIY costume is a 50's housewife with a flair of Kathleen Turner in Serial Mom (1994). Pretty simple: I went to a thrift store and found a great pencil skirt and a top; for both $7.64 which is why you thift (just wash before you wear). I purchased the fake blood, and a fake bloody knife for about $5, and made my own apron out of a bedsheet, ribbon, and some fabric glue (no sewing required!) After letting the apron set, I splattered it with the fake blood. I was having entirely too much fun with the fake knife, as was everyone else by the end of the night





I also decided to make Jell-o shots Halloween style in syringes. If you are wondering where to get oral syringes for such a project, go to your local medical supply store, or have your pharmacist order them. I chose the 10mL oral syringes and they look great; Black Cherry Jell-o looks like blood.


Oh Halloween, what fun. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment