Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Indie Craft Bazaar

So this past Sunday was the Indie Craft Bazaar. For South Florida locals, it was held at Revolution in Ft. Lauderdale. I love going to these events because each one is a little different from the last and there is always some great finds along with awesome stories. I went with my friends Kristen (palmtreesandpleats.blogspot.com) and Sarah (itsoutscene.blogspot.com).

I would say I hit the jackpot at this event. As we were walking around, checking everything out before making purchases, out of the corner of my eye, I see this cute little suitcase with this "On Sale" sign; it was $10.00 and the impulse buyer in me was screaming, "You do not need this in your life, but you are going to buy it and find a way to use it!" So, naturally, I did.

I moved on to the next booth to check out some earrings and fell in love for the second time that day. As I was deciding which earrings to buy, I was talking with the woman selling such awesome jewelry. As it turns out, all 4 pairs of earrings that I purchased were hers growing up. In the back of my head, I am thinking, while I am loving that she is selling these to me, I would be so pissed if I was her daughter right now, selling vintage earrings to a complete stranger. Sorry for the not so good photograph of these earring, but know they are beautiful.

The last really awesome thing I scored at the Indie Craft Bazaar was a single strapped brown leather satchel. It was one of the first items I saw, and one of the last items I bought. I put my bartering skills to the test with this bag because while it was in good condition, it was not in the best condition. I talked the bag down to a reasonable price and made it mine :)

I would say the Indie Craft Bazaar was a great experience with some great friends. I can not wait to refurbish the suitcase and put it into use. Again, for South Floridians, if you are interested, the next craft event is The Odd Duck in Hollywood, Fl. on March 31. For more information  on this event go to www.oddduckbazaar.com and don't forget to follow on facebook www.facebook.com/everythingdelicious. Thanks guys and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Im going to ask off of work for it I think. The 31st one. Also how do you enable comments on blogger? Mine dont do this (epic sad face). I didnt know those earrings were hers? I don't know if I could part with them! I'm a nastalgia hoarder though..so..i'm going to make the worst vintage sales girl ever.

    ReplyDelete