Saturday, September 29, 2012

New York & Cupcakes


I will be the first to admit, it has been entirely too long since I have posted. I will no longer make excuses, but I will tell you what has been up. 

Other than working, I recently celebrated my twenty sixth birthday, which is pretty amazing if I do say so myself. I've joined the red lips club and started donning the scarlett pout. I fell in love with the night in New York, and rekindled a never ending affair with the City. I became a unicorn with dancing fever. I meandered in a red polka dot dress. I have killed it and earned it. Watched terrible movies and shared kisses. Watched a mutant squirrel hop a fence. Since the start of my new job, baking has been at a minimum and when I did get the opportunity to bake, it was recipes I already shared; ones that I perfected and were easy to do. Then, I started to explore again, and I now have a few recipes to share! Yay!

First, my darlings, a story of New York City:
I fell in love with a boy at a bar. We
touched, danced, talked, kissed
between shots of Jameson.
He walked me home. Down the
streets of New York City. The September chill.
We walked hand in hand like lovers
Only we were not lovers, not even friends.
Just two strangers looking to fill a void
We kissed at stop lights waiting to walk
How New York City brings out the romantic in everyone
He asked me to move to the city.
Promises made before parting ways,
he asked me to brunch and I politely accepted.
Not wanting to face truths of life, we both insisted this moment
was not a fleeting one. Fooling ourselves for an
instant of companionship in the vast city.
I did not call him the next day. There was no point.
We were just two strangers seeking something
the other could not provide. 
It was better that way.

And now, lovelies, on to yummier things:

Magic Hat #9 Cupcakes with a Maple Cardamom Glaze.


Ingredients

Cupcake:
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Magic Hat #9
1/4 cup almond milk 

Glaze:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cardamom (to taste)
1 cup confectioner's sugar

Method

Preheat over to 375 degrees. Line cupcake tin
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together.
In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth between each egg. Then add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Beat in Magic Hat #9, then the milk. 
Bake for 18 minutes. Let cool.

In a small saucepan, melt butter and maple syrup together over medium heat. Whisk in cardamom, then slowly whisk in confectioner's sugar until desire level of thickness. Pour over cake. 

More recipes to come soon! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment