Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Modern Lovers Cupcakes

Music has a euphoric quality about it, even the most violent of sounds can be soothing. It also says a lot about a person. So, in addition to what I am reading, I figured I would share my albums of the moment. 

Currently Reading: Schrödinger's Ball by Adam Felber. 

Current Albums (in no particular order): 
1. Mixed Emotions by Tanlines. 
2. Sleepwalking by The Casket Girls. 
3. The Modern Lovers by Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers. 
4. Around the Fur by The Deftones 
5. Centipede Hz by Animal Collective. 
6. Cobra Juicy by Black Moth Super Rainbow. 
7. LP by Discovery
8. Comeback Kid by Sleigh Bells
9. Even if it Kills me by Motion City Soundtrack
10. Keep it Hid by Dan Auerbach

Much like my interest in many forms of music, I find it important to experiment with flavors when I bake. I have had the idea for a while to create a tasty cake that can stand on its own against a Dark Chocolate Sriracha Buttercream; it needed to have a richness to it that demanded attention against the bold flavors in the buttercream. 

Then it hit me, I had a bottle of Southern Tier Creme Brûlée Stout. If you have never had this beer, it has a great rich flavor as if you were drinking one of the best desserts known to man! 


But alas, as I get older, there are some things I have learned are best to keep a secret and this recipe just might be one of those things.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment