Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Brown sugar, how come you taste so good?

Just look at him move;
I totally got all of my dance moves from
Mr. Jagger. He got the hand dancing from me though.

One of my oldest friends is in the Navy, and she requested me to send her some baked goodies to her on the other side of the world.... 2 MONTHS AGO. So I am finally doing it now. I decided I was not going to do anything crazy with this first care package, BUT I did put a new all me recipe in it and that is Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies. The reason I posted the awesome video, because guess what I was singing and swinging to as I was baking these bad boys. So here is the recipe:

Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies:

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2  tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
sugar for rolling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream sugars and butter. Mix in egg. Add flour, salt, baking soda, vanilla, and cream of tartar. Mix well then add pecans. Scoop into teaspoon size balls and roll in sugar. Place on parchment paper; do not flatten. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
The amount of pecan is a personal preference and depending on the size. I used finely chopped pecans, but if you chop them yourself, the pieces my come out bigger and you might want to use less.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment