Wednesday, November 2, 2011

This is just my 2 cents

So I was not going to get into this. I was going to avoid it at all cost. Some of my close friends know my stance on, but with the sudden overwhelming posts on my Facebook news feed about the subject of the 99%, I do believe it is time.

I am part of the so-called non-existent middle class. I go to work every day and make a decent, not great but decent, pay. I receive health insurance through the company I work for, though I have the choice to opt out. I use my right to vote. When available, I shop at Farmer's Markets to support local "mom and pop" businesses. I do not complain about major corporations because, even despite the outsourcing of certain departments, I understand jobs are created in this country as well and the fight against them means a higher unemployment rate. I also understand that some of these corporations are keeping our economy somewhat afloat.

I do not agree with the bank bail out. I pay my bills, maybe not always on time, but I pay them all the same.

I believe in the right to protest; however,

I do not and WILL not occupy Wall Street or any other street unless it is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. If I march, it will be on Washington DC; on Congress and the Senate because THEY are destroying this country with their child-like banter and unwillingness to work as one; THEY have their greedy little fingers in pockets other than their own.

Wall Street is a scapegoat; if you want change, know the fight and where the war grounds should be laid. Just like you, I am angry, but I know where to place the blame.


In other news, today is the second day of National Novel Writing Month, and I am already behind... Way to go; Alex for the win! I will be doing some intense writing over the next few weeks and will most likely share some excerpts on here. If you want to check it out for yourself the website is Nanowrimo.org. For those of you writing as well, happy writing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment